PERMANENT MAKEUP AFTERCARE
It is essential that you follow these instructions after your Microblading/PMU session:
Day 1 (Day of treatment): 2-3 hours after treatment, gently clean the area with a very small amount of sterile water on a qtip, just barely damp, NOT wet.
Day 2 & 3: When you wake up, gently wash the area with the provided cleanser and a damp qtip. Be extra careful not to rub hard, tug or scrub the area. Do this 2 times a day to avoid any build-up of blood/lymph. Do not use aggressive movement/manipulation of the skin- be gentle. Make sure your hands are clean before touching.
Day 4-14: If the area feels tight or dry,
you may apply an extremely thin layer of aftercare cream after cleansing with a gentle, scent free soap. Apply a very small amount of aftercare cream (very small amount-like half the size of a grain of rice). This is just to add a small amount of moisture – the area should not appear greasy, glossy or shiny, if it does, you used too much.
The following must be avoided for 10 days pmu procedure:
Cover the area with a dry face cloth when showering. No shower stream over the area. Wash face CAREFULLY with a washcloth or cleansing wipes, avoid the treated area.
• Practicing sports
• Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
• Sun tanning or salon tanning
• Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck
• Picking, peeling, or scratching the area. You will cause scarring of the area or removal of the pigment if you pick or peel scabs prematurely.
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris – now is not the time!
• Spicy foods
• Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
• Touching of the area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care with a cotton swab
• Absolutely do not use any ointments, antibiotic creams or gels, or vitamin creams over the area– it will draw out the pigment.
Please NOTE: Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days of the PMU procedure.
However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape-design is recommended only after 4 weeks.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact Jesse Volpato immediately 403-874-6523.
Your PMU will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
Days 1-4: The pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin, and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab, as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin. The area may swell and appear larger also.
Days 5-7: Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the pigment is fading too quickly, however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from the area.
Days 8-12: It may look as though the pigment has completely faded – do not panic – take a deep breath and trust the process.
Days 14-28: It may still look a little patchy or uneven, but the pigment will start to “reappear” as the pigment settles and the healing continues.
You may get your touch-up/perfecting procedure done at the 4-8 week point NO SOONER to allow for complete healing of the brows.
Pro-Tip: Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade quickly.
SHOULD INFECTION OCCUR SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION